The existing building (built around 1920) was to be given a new extension. Three parties each share one floor. The building wraps around the existing building on the north side, fusing the old with the new. From this perspective, the extension has no apertures, whereas the south and west (garden) sides have generous window openings.
The building was constructed using wooden frames and solid timber elements. Environmentally sustainable and ecological materials such as cellulose insulation were used almost exclusively.
Services: Design Phases 1-8, 3D Design, Visualisation
Size: 308 sqm
Photos: Lukas Schramm